Thursday, October 1, 2015

Some used book finds and Orktober.

Hi All,

  This week has been kicking my butt. The running program started at my son's school and participation has been very heavy. The kids are trying to win an extra P.E. session for their class.

  Not much on the hobby front since I finished those Bugbears, but I wanted to show you some more books I found up in Flagstaff last week.


I'm back again to buying things as I see them, the pendulum has swung away from shunning everything I see. The Army books are obviously Mid - New Hammer. I wasn't sure what was going on with the 40K stuff, there's only so much research you can do on the phone in the store, but I gather that the Battle Manual was a bridge between RT and full on 2nd Ed. 40K. So 40K 1.5 I guess. Dark Millenium was a separate box expansion. I'm not sure how useful the book is without all the spell cards etc. I see one can buy some of the parts on ebay though.

I haven't had a chance to read through these. They join the pile of shame for now.

Orktober! WAAAGH!


Over at the Emporium of Rogue Dreams. It's where all the cool kids hang out and talk Rogue Trader smack.

I just happened to buy these bad boys off of Blue the other day, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.


I think I got a line on the missing back banner for the Runt Herder, only just realized that Gazghkull himself should have one too. I'm going to try and see what I can scrounge up on the Oldhammer Trading Company. I also need some bits for a couple of other projects.


4 comments:

  1. "The kids are trying to win an extra P.E. session for their class"

    *Extra* PE?? Are they mad?

    In my day we looked for less PE and some free-study time instead. You could design a whole D&D adventure in a free-study lesson :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaptain, I don't know if it's just that the kids like the teacher or if there is a bias against academic pursuits, but kids here are very enthusiastic about sports and play in general. I wasn't a jock by any means, but I do remember going to the gym to play basketball during my free period in high school. D&D was for after school on Fridays.

      Delete
  2. As Kaptain Kobold suggests, what's going on with the kids these days? P.E. was something to be dreaded and avoided if possible!

    More old-style orks, huh? Will you be painting them up in "traditional" Oldhammer bright greens and reds :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh, I'm sure there a some who don't like P.E. My daughter is firmly in the no exercise camp. As for the painting, I need to look up more reference photos. I do want to copy the banners. My understanding at this point is that old Gazghkull is from the Goff Ork Clan, so I think it's lots of black and red. Of course checks on everything is a must.

      Delete